8.08.2007

(none)

people were crazy on the roads today. i took a slow joy ride back from
the airport cruising 60mph to avoid having to move into the left lane,
where folks were coming up so fast they were blurry when i caught
a glimpse. it still didn't stop some from sitting on my bumper --
so i did what i usually do - raise my hand in the review mirror,
asking them to relax. it usually works too. i think they
are so used to being there they don't realize i'm there too, not
going any faster.

j is in florida visiting the fam. she's entered the jungle & left me
behind to watch the movies playing here. there's plenty to take
part in and observe. and because i prefer the latter, there will
be ample material to turn into tunes & anthems.

i am so far behind on our trip journals. but now that our work is over
i'll hopefully remember to catch up. while i've been trying to bring
everyone up to date, i've been missing the present happenings.
some thoughts will never make it here if i ever want to be writing
in & with the now.

for my play date with me, myself & i tomorrow, i plan to work on the
thousands of musical notes, sounds & orchestrations that have
been yelling in my head. i've barely picked up my guitar this summer
& i'm losing my mind. i want to play loud, scream & jump around.
but i haven't been able to jump in years. i've learned to be just as happy
sitting joyfully with my old acoustic - letting hymns of scattered
moments come through me from a source that has no face.

good night.

1 comment:

Jenny M. James said...

pussa pussa. what a nice me-date idea! i love you.

your j

p.s. perhaps 65 would be a better speed? ;)